Price Guide - Adult hands, feet, legs & arms
The prices listed on this page are an approximate guide to some of our most popular options, as every single lifecast is utterly unique and tailored to you - varying in pose, size, shape, material and finish. Please note that you are not at all limited to what is described here or that you see in our galleries. We do allow our customers to pay for their casts in instalments with no added interest, so long as the final payment is made on or before collection. Overwhelmed by the choices below? Why not pop to our webshop and purchase one of our premium gift packages or vouchers - the perfect present for the one you love or click here to book a completely bespoke casting appointment. For a comparison between different popular material finishes, click here.
Plain white gypsum casts:-
Adult single hands from £150- £250 (depending on pose)
Adult hand/lower arm from £400
Adult hand/entire arm from £495
Adult single foot from £295-£350
Adult foot/lower leg from £550
Pair of feet from £590-£695
Pair of feet/lower legs from £650-£800
Lower legs/hands combination from £850
Full legs -POA
- Please note, the above prices are for living adults cast in our studio. Prices for on-site visits to hospitals, homes, hospices or funeral parlours also incur a call-out charge and may be considerably more.
You can be cast holding items for example pens, music instruments, sporting equipment, etc. Please email us in the first instance to discuss the possibilities. You can be cast wearing jewellery such as rings and bracelets, although some designs work better than others - please send a photo of your item first for discussion.
In certain circumstances it is possible to cast items of clothing such as you wearing dance shoes, football boots, or sleeved items. Please email us in advance with your requirements. If you'd like to see examples please check out our dance/sporting casts gallery.
Custom paint finishes (on top of regular stone cast prices):-
Faux metallic paint finishes (antique bronze, copper, pewter, gold or combinations) - from £75-£200
Small area of custom intricate painted patternwork or 'tattoo-style' embellishment - from £75
Medium sized area of patternwork as above - from £200
Large area/full cast of patternwork as above - £150 per day (usually 2-5 days depending on size of piece and complexity of pattern)
Real metal coatings (wall-hung, on top of regular stone cast prices):-
A veneer of real metal (80-90% pure) over your gypsum cast, giving the luxurious look and feel of solid metal at a fraction of the price. This metal coating can be patinated like solid metal and allows you to touch the surface of your cast as much as you want to. It comes in many different options, not limited to but including:- bronze, copper, brass, nickel silver, iron, steel, aluminium, Dubai gold (bright gold coloured metal which is a mix of copper and brass), gun metal and more.
Prices from £300 extra on top of your plaster casting charge.
Cold cast metals :-
- Cold cast metals are real metal powders (around 75% minimum) suspended in resin. For the purposes of larger casts this compound is backed up with fibreglass and polyurethane for added strength and rigidity. This is an extremely luxurious option which retains optimum detail of skin texture, has all the radiance and beauty of a true metal, can be aged/patinated like real metal, but much lighter and easier to transport than other options. It is available in the following finishes:- bronze, copper, brass, iron and aluminium. Metal powders can even be combined to produce custom finishes in intermediate colours. Some cold cast metals are suitable for display in moist conditions and even outdoors. Cold cast metal casts require the production of a secondary 'investment mould' which can be used to make additional copies of your cast if so required (copies can sometimes be at a reduced cost to original).
Prices from £500-£800 for a single hand (depending on metal choice and pose) or from £850 for a high definition outprint plaque.
Bespoke engraving of either real metal coating or cold cast metals (writing, 'tattoo-style' or pattern work). Please note, complex engravings may incur an extra charge for the time it takes to design the pattern work, along with any revisions:-
Small areas of engraving - £30 per hour (typical time for small area 30 minutes to 3 hours). A small additional design fee may apply depending on reference material supplied.
Large areas of engraving - £150 per day (typical time for large complex engraving is 1-3 days). A small additional design fee may apply depending on reference material supplied.
Solid bronze :-
- Real foundry bronze has an eternal appeal and holds its value for generations. It can be displayed indoors or outdoors without hesitation, and can be patinated in traditional or extraordinary ways to show everything from chestnut browns, to greens and even 'white' bronze.
Prices from £1200 for a single hand.
- Bespoke stands, plinths or perspex cases for any of the above can be designed on request. Ideally, we need to know if you require a stand before you come for your casting session, so we can prepare any armatures or mounts that need to be inserted at an early stage. This does not apply to all materials and poses but it's always nice to have a heads up wherever possible. Bespoke stands take considerable time to design and build, so we like to offer other options to our clients and can pass on details of local blacksmiths and stone masons who may be able to offer further options for displaying your casts.
Bespoke plinths cost from £45 in wood and from £60 in slate (engraving £15 extra).
Bespoke perspex cases cost from £450.
Bespoke stands can cost anything from £250-£700 depending on material and design.
- Please feel free to request other materials. New material technology is making fascinating options available all the time. It is also possible to 'grow' or 'shrink' casts to create duplicates in other sizes using a variety of state-of-the-art techniques. We have worked in everything from concrete to bread to glass and are happy to discuss your requirements. Although bespoke sculpture is not affordable to everyone, we try to offer as much choice as possible, flexible payment options and can advise on what is possible within your own budget limitations. Don't be afraid to ask - we enjoy hearing about your casting dreams and will do everything within our power to make them come true.
A lot of people ask us why we only sell certain types of DIY casting kit that our customers can try themselves at home. Although this could be a great way to make a fast buck, we only sell kits that we know people with no or little experience of lifecasting can successfully complete to their satisfaction - so we won't take your money for the type of kit we think many people would struggle to get great, lasting results from at home. Casting hands and feet can be very challenging for beginners and there are a great many things that can go wrong if you lack experience. We've written a short blog post explaining why we think a lot of hand casting kits are a potential waste of money and why for certain types of casting it's better to make a professional appointment.