Price Guide - Dance, sport and body building casts
The prices listed on this page are an approximate guide to some of our most popular options, as every single lifecast is utterly unique and tailored to you - varying in pose, size, shape, material and finish. Please note that you are not at all limited to what is described here or that you see in our galleries. We do allow our customers to pay for their casts in instalments with no added interest, so long as the final payment is made on or before collection. Overwhelmed by the choices below? Why not pop to our webshop and purchase one of our gift vouchers - the perfect present for the one you love. For a comparison between different popular material finishes, click here.
Plain white gypsum casts (wall hung):-
Torso casts from £425 from collar bone to lower belly or from shoulders to navel (for smaller or larger pieces please see the breast/torso prices page)
Upper back/shoulders from £400
Back/shoulders (stopping above buttocks) - £450
Shoulders down to upper thighs - £675
Adult single hands from £150- £250 (depending on pose)
Adult hand/lower arm from £400
Adult hand/entire arm from £495
Adult single foot from £295-£350
Adult foot/lower leg from £550
Pair of feet from £590-£695
Pair of feet/lower legs from £650-£800
Lower legs/hands combination from £850
Full legs -POA
Larger/complex poses -POA
Fixed modesty cover for hips - £65-£80
Removable modesty cover for hips - £200
Casting over clothes - sometimes often no extra charge but discuss with us first as certain items require additional work/cost.
Casting over ballet shoes - £350 inclusive (per foot/shoe).
Casting while holding sporting equipment, tennis/foot/rugby/golf balls etc - POA.
Custom paint finishes (on top of regular stone cast prices):-
Faux metallic paint finishes (antique bronze, copper, pewter, gold or combinations) - from £75-£175
Small area of custom intricate painted patternwork or 'tattoo-style' embellishment - from £75
Medium sized area of patternwork as above - from £200
Large area/full cast of patternwork as above - £150 per day (usually 2-5 days)
Real metal coatings (wall-hung, on top of regular stone cast prices):-
A veneer of real metal (80-90% pure) over your gypsum cast, giving the luxurious look and feel of solid metal at a fraction of the price. This metal coating can be patinated like solid metal and allows you to touch the surface of your cast as much as you want to. It comes in many different options, not limited to but including:- bronze, copper, brass, nickel silver, iron, steel, aluminium, Dubai gold (bright gold coloured metal which is a mix of copper and brass), gun metal and more.
Prices from £500-£1500 extra on top of your plaster casting charge.
Cold cast metals (wall-hung):-
- Cold cast metals are real metal powders (around 75% minimum) suspended in resin. For the purposes of larger casts this compound is backed up with fibreglass and polyeurethane for added strength and rigidity. This is an extremely luxurious option which retains optimum detail of skin texture, has all the radiance and beauty of a true metal, can be aged/patinated like real metal, but much lighter and easier to transport than other options. It is available in the following finishes:- bronze, copper, brass, iron and aluminium. Metal powders can even be combined to produce custom finishes in intermediate colours. Some cold cast metals are suitable for display in moist conditions and even outdoors. Cold cast metal casts require the production of a secondary 'investment mould' which can be used to make additional copies of your cast if so required.
Prices from £2000-£6000.
Bespoke engraving of either real metal coating or cold cast metals (writing, 'tattoo-style' or patternwork). Please note, complex engravings may incur an extra charge for the time it takes to design the patternwork, along with any revisions:-
Small areas of engraving - £30 per hour (typical time for small area 30 minutes to 3 hours). A small additional design fee may apply depending on reference material supplied.
Large areas of engraving - £150 per day (typical time for large complex engraving is 1-2 days). A small additional design fee may apply depending on reference material supplied.
Drizzled pewter (wall-hung):-
- This type of lifecast, inspired by a technique pioneered by Richard Neal requires a different moulding method to other types of casting, so we need to know in advance of your appointment if this is what you require. The pewter captures the form in a rough 'volcanic' style texture without the detail of the other types of casting. It is backed up with resin/fibreglass in the colour of your choice.
Prices from £1200-6000.
- Electroforming or copper encapsulation is different to regular metal plating and produces a much stronger, thicker layer of microcrystalline copper whilst retaining wonderful detail from your cast. Copper casts can be highly polished and shiny like a new penny, or patinated to resemble antique copper/bronze with varying degrees of verdigris. They are suitable for outdoor or interior display and are extremely strong and beautiful. The copper is formed over a resin armature and stainless steel fixings suitable for wall mounting (although other mounts/fixings are possible).
Prices from £3000-£15000.
- Please note, images here are from The Cunegonde Collection, available for purchase on our fine art sister site Masters & Munn.
- Bespoke options in ABS, sand-cast steel, carbon fibre, leather, clear acrylic, or fine art options such as our world-famous lifecast-based sculpture,'Gaia', formed of metal leaves can all be designed according to your needs. Please speak to us about your ideas and we will be happy to make them come to fruition.
Solid bronze :-
- Real foundry bronze has an eternal appeal and holds its value for generations. It can be displayed indoors or outdoors without hesitation, and can be patinated in traditional or extraordinary ways to show everything from chestnut browns, to greens and even 'white' bronze.
Prices from £1500-£25,000.
Leather casts (cuir bouille):-
This technique of body sculpting has been passed down many many generations since ancient Roman/Greek times when it was used to create bespoke armour for warriors. You can see the example of a Pregnant Belly Cast made this way, although originally being a technique used for armour it is incredibly well suited for showing off the male chest/torso area. Casts are produced in vegetable-dyed leather are backed up with fibreglass for strength and are a truly unique and very artistic way to immortalise your body, in a very tactile and beautiful form. It is a highly specialised and laborious process which is reflected in the price. Leather casts are suitable only for simple chest/torso, back and bottom poses only.
Prices start from £4500.
- Bespoke stands for any of the above can be designed on request. We need to know if you require a stand before you come for your casting session ideally, so we can prepare any armatures or mounts that need to be inserted at an early stage. This does not apply to all materials. Bespoke stands take considerable time to design and build, so we like to offer other options to our clients and can pass on details of local blacksmiths and stone masons who may be able to offer further options for displaying your casts.
Bespoke stands can cost anything from £250-£700 depending on material and design.
- Please feel free to request other materials. New material technology is making fascinating options available all the time. It is also possible to 'grow' or 'shrink' casts to create duplicates in other sizes using a variety of state-of-the-art techniques. We have worked in everything from concrete to bread to glass and are happy to discuss your requirements. Although bespoke sculpture is not affordable to everyone, we try to offer as much choice as possible, flexible payment options and can advise on what is possible within your own budget limitations. Don't be afraid to ask - we enjoy hearing about your casting dreams and will do everything within our power to make them come true.